Developed and implemented the public relations and social media strategy for Uprooted, a multimedia project of the UNC School of Media and Journalism documenting Venezuelan families who have fled to Medellín, Colombia, to seek better lives.
As the public relations and social media coordinator for Uprooted, I developed and executed a public relations and digital strategy that amplified the voices of those affected by this issue.
- Developed a creative design brief and target audience analysis with the goal of prioritizing both English- and Spanish-speaking publics
- Served as chair of the project naming committee and led project branding efforts
- Researched and compiled a media list with 100+ contacts for social media and press
- Planned and executed a cross-platform social media strategy for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, placing the documentary within the greater context of the ongoing crisis in Venezuela through a combination of both original posts and shared content from approved news sources
- Functioned as liaison for philanthropic relationship with a non-profit organization in Colombia. Collected a donation of twelve suitcases of personal hygiene product donations and $700 for Famicove Medellín, a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing free and reduced health and family planning services to recent Venezuelan arrivals in Medellín, Colombia
- Created an electronic press kit – designed all promotional assets including feature film-style posters and wrote press releases and photo captions in English and Spanish
- Planned a premiere screening and project walkthrough with 300+ guests in attendance